Saturday, January 08, 2005

Not so blue

Last weekend trying to beat the cold wave on the streets of tokyo I struck a conversation with chetan, when out of the blue he made a statement that he detests the renowned Indian painter MF Hussain. Curious about his contempt, I queried, to which he wavered a bit and remarked "Hussian just mints money like hell when there are lot more talented out there" he stood firm on his statement with no further logical claim.

Over the years I found many people envying the successful in oneway or the other. I failed to understand on most of the counts, but one thing looks obvious to me : in most cases people undermine the ability of marketing themselves. Given a set of equally talented pupils in a discipline, successful are those, who have the ability to market themselves better.

That night Chetan showed me his caricatures. That was a real decent work. One of the caricatures happened to be that of MF Hussians and thats when I recollected what I called "his out of the blue statement" is not so blue.


MF Hussian's caricature by Chetan.

1 comment:

Mindsurfer said...

dude,
well said. I do agree with you. And the talenteds should not undermine the success of the marketables, because that is a talent they do not possess/utilize.

Waiting for chappals to be thrown at me... ;-)