Sunday, October 17, 2004

Panoramic Attempt

I was waiting for Anand to come and pick me up for a long drive to Utsukushigahara,but at 9:30 he called it off. Once more my plans of going for a panoramic view shootout seem drenched, but finally we moved out for a new Indian Restaurant "Turmeric" (dishes complemented the name), near the Asama Onsen ,Matsumoto City. After luch we drove down to the utsukushigahara heights. One of the stop overs presented us an awesome view. The silhouette really fascinated me.


(The below has been cropped and resized in Photoshop)



Every second day after I bought the D70 I been dreaming about shooting a panoramic view. I had a tripod which I bought for my Sony P-10, but that doesnt work for this assignment. I was longing to buy the Gitzo's 1228 tripod and Markin's QBall but right off I couldnt afford a US$800 grand, so settled for a 40 dollar one. I got dropped at the Matsumoto Castle to complete my assignment, with very few ppl around it was pleasant.



Back home I used the Panorama maker 3 software which comes with the Nikon Coolpix camera. I blended 4 images to get this one :


But when I tried to blend 5..!! here it went....


all the artifacts started appearing:

A. The exposure setting are not uniform.
B. I should have levelled the tripod more accurately.
C. Either (B) or should have messed up some S/W configuration during blending.

Well anyway one more lesson learnt.I even tried the 360 degree view.Will upload that sometime later.All in all,Not a Bad start, but still miles to go.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, these are awesome snaps! i don't see any artifacts though..

Ram Prasad Bojanki said...

sameer,
( if iexplorer : save and open those images
if FireFox/Mozilla : click on image > view Image)
Now you will see a larger version of the image.
On the left of the image you will find some blending gradients.
These are because I didnt capture the images with constant exposure mode and blended the images without elimitating the vignette effect.
ciao