Sunday, May 29, 2005

On Assignment



[ f2.8 ,1/1000s @ 200mm ]
Handheld ,Nikon D70, Nikkor 70-200mm F2.8 VR

Finally I have my dream lens and with no further delay today I planned to get a feel of it. With no shooting location in mind I was at the mercy of wind. Amit , Mahesh and myself checked out of the house around noon and had a lunch at "Maharaja Indian & Nepali Restaurant" around suwa region.



[ f8 ,1/30s @ 18mm ]
Handheld ,Nikon D70, Nikkor 18-70mm DX

Trying to figure our way to Route 20 we landed infront of Kamisuwa castle. It was pretty pleasant, this being my fourth time to this place , never was it so deserted, but that happened to be a blessing for me. I had a real field day. Of late I got used to trying all the text book shots, so to give a break I lowered my center of gravity and got a shot from just above the water level.



[ f5 ,1/200s @ 170mm ]
Handheld ,Nikon D70, Nikkor 70-200mm F2.8 VR

The ducks were a treat to watch, they perched on a stone in the middle of the pond and thats when I switch to my medium telephoto lens and went clicking. A couple of weeks back I swore to myself that I will not be clicking at random but only when I am done with thinking through the shot, well this rather turned counter productive, sometimes one should leave it to his senses.




[ f8.0 ,1/250s @ 90mm ]
Tripod Mount ,Nikon D70, Tamron 90mm F2.8 Macro

Finally I set my eyes on a flower, and I took the macro for a ride. I tried some low DOF with little success. Well trying to be Jack of all trades doesnt work always. Over all it made me feel better, and gave me the required boost for the long week ahead.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

1 & 3 are wonderful compostions bojanki... and the 4th is also intersting... just the stigma in focus i suppose... would've been nicer if you used a smaller aperture.... would've been nicer if we could see more here...

the 2nd pic is a little ordinary for my eyes.... again .... it depends on each's perspective :)

Anonymous said...

its always good fun to explore.. with a camera/lens (new or old)..
[my views]
#1 looks fabulous without the reflection.. just the rock and the ducks..

#2 did not strike any chord.. its a pretty place dude..

#3 again the blurred background going all the way to the top is quite distracting to me.. good one on the ducks though.. love the blue in them..

#4 agree with lavi here about the stigma being in focus would have made it an amazing piece of world.. this picture reminds me fruit squash and ice cream though.. haha