Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Utsukushigahara and Mount Asama

It is Golden Week and thereby a holiday time out here, April 29th-May 5th. Probably these are one of those wasted holidays as I plan to stay home, not without a reason the Markins Q-ball ( Head for my tripod ) shipment got stuck somewhere in the transit and I vowed to shoot only with my tripod. Finally it arrived this sunday but the weather kept me home.

Mt Asama

So today I set myself to test my new Gitzo G1227LVL and Markins M20 tripod. Took the bus to the Utsukushigahara Kogen (plateau) which is in backyard of Matsumoto city. Being a clear sunny day, the panoramic view was just awesome. I was able to clearly locate Mount Asama ( active valcano). Last year I had a plan to trek this Mountain but currently trekking out on Asama is banned as they found some signs of eruption.

Mt Asama was steaming out and it was quite visible from where I stood. I tried for a panoramic , the tripod operation was very smooth, I tried shooting with the circular polarizer filter on but had little luck. I goofed up again by not locking the exposure, the end result is artifacts while blending/sticking the images together.



Utsukushigahara sports an Open air museum. One should plan to spend atleast 2-3 hours. This being my second visit to this place I walked straight to the sculptures which I missed in my last visit. When I walked up one elevated platform, I realized the 360 degree view it offers. One can view Mt Fuji a range of all the 2500- 3000+ mts mountains.



So this marks the only outing for the Golden week this year.

No comments: