Thursday, December 23, 2004

358 of 366

The temperature as well as the days remaining for the leap year to end are running in single digit. I don't remember any long vacation like the one I am about to have from 30th Dec 2004 - 4th Jan 2005, other than those college "mass bunk"s in the name of "exam prep".

As my camera returned from its maternal home (NIKON SERVICE CENTER) , and its been awhile that I pulled my travel cap on, I plan to move around Tokyo, Yokohama(31st night) and Kamakura with a fare amount of window shopping.

With my amazon.co.jp order arriving on time I have in hand two new books and a cool capture software:

A. Real World Camera Raw : The book authored by Bruse Fraser is the best reference for understanding the merits of the raw camera capture. I got into a jugglery of reading between the lines to derive the relation between the various capture settings to the pixel value. The Raw file dubbed as the Digital Negative is throwing me into a digital obsession.

B. JOHN SHAW'S Nature Photography Field Guide : Though John walks the whole book with a film camera, the concepts tend to remain the same. Connecting the strings with the Camera Raw makes the riddles conspicuous.

C. Nikon Capture software : As I started shooting in Raw and cant afford a Photoshop CS for edit, the best I could do was to fall back onto Nikon capture. Well one thing that looked cool was that the camera can be operated via the USB with the control software.


( for the geeks : the temperature is in degrees centigrade )


No comments: