Wednesday, December 01, 2004

"First Snow Fall" : Winter'04


Click Info : Hirooka-Yoshida, Shijoiri-Shi, Nagano-Ken, Japan. 30th Nov 2004.

The snowfall has started and that doesnt excite me , my near death experience in shimla(1999), when I skidded to the edge of a cliff literally left me gasping and crawling to the other end of the road.

Last year it started snowing on Dec 21st, this year its pretty early. One of my Japanese colleague remarked : the pattern out here is that if the summer is severe then winter sets in early and its of the same intensity as summer.

I wish...
I had the opportunity to hibernate.
All schools have summer and winter holidays.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We are expecting snow fall anytime now.. temperature is close to zero all the time.

and guess what, in two weeks time my sem will be over and the month long winter break with start :)

Ram Prasad Bojanki said...

Out here the holidays start around 23rd Dec but the irony is that 25th Dec is not a national holiday ;-)
Holidays run till 8th Jan or so ie 15-20 holidays in a row.

Unknown said...

you mean you dont need to go to office for 15-20 days? that is awesome !