Friday, November 12, 2004

Digital Click : diwali timeout


To the best of my memory for the past 4 yrs I was never home for diwali, and for the last couple I ended up celebrating "Hanabi" the Japanese version of festival of lights. Well Hanabi here is more like the July 4th Fireworks display,the only diffence being that many japanese tend to dress more traditionally.

Copious mails of diwali wishes gave me a "Chelo kuch karte hey" kind of "josh" which once again pulled me into hobby tuned obsession (digital click). The Indian store on my last order sent a couple of complementary "diya"(clay made). To give a creative touch I started off without a plan. As said creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes and choosing which of them to keep. Since I was shooting lights I needed a dark background : set the table with a couple of black T-Shirts and used the sigma lense in macro mode at 300mm.Finally the snaps found their place in the diwali greetings card.




Greetings
[zip,ppt]

[click on image to enlarge: images resized]

Diwali day was really cool seeing couples going traditional,the best part was the dinner at Anand's place,and the real diwali dhamaka was Deepu's X(which is obvious but not yet going public).

No comments: