Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Movie Time : NRIs

96hrs of weekend with the ambient temperature in single digit and the six's thermometer showing no great differencial left me no option but to stay home. Since the internet connection is not yet restored at my place I dubbed into a parasite for my neighbour.

Offlate I turned into a movie buff and the testimony :4 movies in 24hrs and going. Flavours, Legally Desi,Murder and STOP. Each of their story line is based on NRIs lifestyles in different parts of the world.
Flavours and Legally Desi : USA.
Murder : Bangkok.
STOP : Dubai.

Flavours takes the honors among the four. There are handful of movies that I watched thrice. As the movie was shot by some Telugites lots of references to Andhra(esp Hyderabad), and if Andhra what can come next "software engineers floating in US". So the movie is all about the ups and downs of their lives.

Radha Krishna (aka RAD) is to Marry an american Janet, so RADs parents come down for the marriage(Mr & Mrs Gopal Krishna), they force themselves to respect the choice of their only son and every frame is filled with laughter.Mr&Mrs Gopal Krishna looked like they are immitating my parents when they came down to Japan (Ok .,they were not here for the same reason). The triangle love/matchmaking story between Rachana,Karitk and Ramana Dasarakothapalli is just the coolest I seen offlate. The Bench Team and Candy give make the movie crispy touch. The Bench Crowd has a message "Those who dont manage to find a software job end up as consultants in US."Well Vivek is the champ of the movie, watchout for his nodding-head-syndrome, and his love fundas.In the movie there is a mention of MIB which sounds derogatory. But I have no clue of what it means!!

STOP : It will not take long for you to guess why this movie is named STOP when the story line has nothing to do with it other than what we shout in our daily lives "STOP IT". A movie of 4 roomates Sonia,Tina ,Om and Pooja living in Dubai. Its a good timepass movie

Legally Desi : Yo one more desi movie with (Santa, Banta) sardhar jokes. I guess some SONY/JVC handycam should have been used for shooting this one. It turns out to be a good tea time.

Murder : Call this the Indian version of UNFAITHFUL. If you are done with Unfaithful then there is no point in watching this, unless you are crazy of Mallika Sherawat. I regret why I wasted my time on this, but then I tested my players Fast Forward and Rewind buttons if they are living up to what they are built for.

I am not taking any questions on how I got my hands on these movies in this part of the world. AlreadyMPAA is on a sueing spree.

No comments: